This is a Natural Science Intermediate Phase Resource designed to integrate Environmental Education into the classroom. It utilizes the cheetah as a learning tool. It was written by local WCED teachers and designed to be integrated with the National Education Policy
The characteristics of the resource, which have been mentioned by resource developers, Environmental Education programmes, teachers etc. include the following aspects.
- full integration with the RNCS
- involvement of teachers throughout the development process
- the recognition of those teachers involved in the resource
- the inclusion of an assessment strategy
- the adaptability of the lessons depending on school's individual circumstances eg. resource availability, interest in other animal species etc.
- the willingness of Cheetah Outreach to amend the resource as suggested by the department and teachers